Stacey's Space

In cyber-space, hitting the space bar, I needed a space. Welcome to my place in space....Welcome to Stacey's Space!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Updates

First let me just give a big cyber hug () to Jeff for clearing up those name issues for my fellow readers...Jeff you got every pronunciation right...how did you do in one minute what took me four days and three embarrassing moments to get right???

Tonight was a sad night. One of my student's mom passed away on Wednesday, but she still came to school on Thursday and Friday (the student, not the mom) she must have taken my syllabus very literally under the attendance section where I wrote "Come to class EVERYDAY. You are a valuable member of our class and we need you here." Next year I'll need to give specific examples of what constitutes an "excused" absence. Since she made the effort to be in school, I thought it only appropriate to attend the wake. So sad. I will be keeping my eye out for her this year, to help her make it through.

Here is a brief updated list of what has happened in my life over the brief summer hiatus...

  • husband and wife agree to "try to sell our house and see what happens"
  • place FOR SALE sign in yard
  • first people on first day make offer we want
  • we are homeless
  • find similar home six days later, closer to work, with pool and hot-tub for substantially less than the price of former home
  • buy new home
  • move in with mom and dad for 3 glorious weeks
  • write thesis in make-shift office of folding tables and overcrowded townhouse
  • lay out in pool for one whole hour all by myself
  • move into new house just in time to start new job
  • back to blogging

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home