Stacey's Space

In cyber-space, hitting the space bar, I needed a space. Welcome to my place in space....Welcome to Stacey's Space!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Things That Make Me Want to Pull My Hair Out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Continuing in the tradition of lists, that you my viewing public have asked for, my cyber-twin Stacy and I have come up with a combined list of things that make us want to pull our hair out.

SHE SAID:

People that do not return their carts to the cart caddies at grocery or super stores. Even worse the people who actually place that cart behind the car of another so that when that person comes out they have to move the cart to get their own car out.

Our contractors who are anxious to get their work done but are not anxious to pay their bills.

When you call a customer service number for assistance with something and the agents accent is so strong you cannot understand anything they are saying.

The loose ends that appear everywhere in our lives.

Network television programming.

People who use vulgar profanity in public.

Fat chicks in skinny clothes.

Skinny chicks in skimpy, tight fitting clothes; and them wearing them in very inappropriate places; such as in your church's worship band, and she's up on stage in front of thousands of people looking like she's dressed for the bar, not church.

Movies that are made for children but are filled with adult sexual innuendo.

The ADL producing a pamphlet on diversity and tolerance that they intend on distributing in elementary schools across the nation.

People that either sit or stand too close. Hey, your a stranger, BACK OFF!

When I'm in the middle of doing something and my husband calls for me to come and look at something on either the Internet or television and it's completely ridiculous and I just want to look back at him and say "you made me stop what I was doing for this?"

People who play rap music so loud in their cars that you can hear it in yours.

Guys who are still wearing their pants so low you can see their boxers; FASHION ALERT: That trend is over.

People who don't know how to properly use a Round-About; how hard is it to yield to the car on the left?


I SAID:

When my husband gives the baby a Popsicle after I just gave her a bath.

The mailman accidentally putting my neighbor's not-so-clean magazines in my box.

Pulling out of the car wash as it starts to rain.

People who still say "cool beans" and mean it.

People who say "that sucks"and don' mean it.

Doorbells that don' work.

No new comments.

When you remember to click save just as you are moving your mouse up to the disk icon to click, the computer freezes and you loose 12 pages of your thesis.

Not knowing the number on caller-id, so you answer, only to find out it is someone you didn't want to talk to--you just didn't recognize their cell phone number.

Bloggers who use short sentences for effect in every blog. Just.Like.This.

The fact that I'm never sure which one is "dessert" and which one is "desert."

Forgetting that there are tags on clothes for a reason and finding I just turned a really cute GAP sweater from a woman's medium into a toddler's 2T.

The shower could have mildew thick like pink salmon cuts plastered to the wall, but no one else seems to care and will continue to shower therein.

Insults disguised as compliments.

Garbage days when there is no chocolate in the house because the day before, feeling strong and full of will-power, perfectly good chocolate found itself in the trash.




15 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Okay, the popsicle one? That crosses the line of hair-pulling. Keeping little ones clean is not an easy task.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    Remember that dessert is the thing you eat with all kinds of extra, not-so-healthy things, but with extra, oh so yummy taste; hence, an extra "s". At least it helps me. :o)

    I'd love to be interviewed for "Meet the Bloggers" if you're still accepting "applications". :o)

    I love your posts, Stacey, especially the ones that start with something ordinary and later demonstrate a beautiful spiritual truth. You have a gift and use it to inspire. Thanks.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Nettie said…

    Great job, y'all! I'd say cool beans but I don't think that's allowed...

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Janette said…

    Love your post! Figured I'd better comment rather than jsut talking about it at Stacy's!

    ;P

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    I have to agree with my roomie on the dessert comment. You always want more in dessert!

    By the way, I'm Danielle's roomie, Erica. Great blog! I would also be interested in "Meet the Bloggers".

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    LAUGHING! I thought you might go to Nettie's. You know what's funny? I have never heard that saying, must be a Midwest/East Coast thing. Most of the lingo I know is from my teenage sons, somewhat inappropriate for a family site.

     
  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Jeff H said…

    Just so you won't think I'm playing favorites (after all, the last thing I need is jealousy tearing apart the creative brain trust that is "Meet the Bloggers"), I left the following comment on Stacy's copy of this post (see http://tinyurl.com/9yaws for proof):

    My favorite twins.

    Blogging together.

    Heh.

    And how do you know they're reading you blog and talking about it, if they don't leave comments? Are you psychic, Stacey?

    And Stacy, it was really important for your hubby to show you that web page.

    And you mean I should stop puffing my boxers? Don't fashion trends hold out longer for those of us rapidly approaching middle age?

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said…

    Aww....I say "cool beans" all the time! My Dad says "legumes of reduced temperature." He's got a dry sense of humor like that.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Stanielsan said…

    Too funny! I agree with a lot that's on your list. Especially, fat people wearing skimpy clothing as you might have read on my blog a while ago. And I have seen women wear clothes that is more appropriate for a bar than for church in a worship band. As a worship band musician, I have seen that too many times.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Stacey... this comment isn't exactly related to your post, other than to say you are extraordinarily creative and I like your blog.

    Ok... now... just so it's not too confusing, the www.pinholemedia.com site is my photoblog. The abesavona.blogspot.com site is more of a regular blog. It was "abesavona.com" but it is too much to deal with at the moment, but it will be my regular (non-photo) blog in the future.

    Confused? Don't wotty about it. I am getting confused too. If you want to link me, link the pinholemedia.com site. Thanks for your vote, by the way!

    Abe

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said…

    The caller ID one really gets me too. The other day, I googled something to the affect of 'Blogger Can You Spare a Dime?' and there it was, right beside 'some of the most boring things in life'. Yikes! I figured it was time to move Nettie's birthday post a little further down the page. Thanks for the nudge.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    d.p. - you always yield to approaching traffic from the left, not the right. Same as when you are making a right turn, you yield to approaching traffic.

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aah to desert, desserts, getting just desert, desert island, the desert

    we had these all on our tricky words list for English

    irritating little words!

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Hey Stacey, stumbled across your blog while....Hmm how did I get here? Oh well, it was lots of fun to visit. You and your friends are just a little wacky and that's so imspiring. giggle

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

Post a Comment

<< Home