Stacey's Space

In cyber-space, hitting the space bar, I needed a space. Welcome to my place in space....Welcome to Stacey's Space!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

First Day Jitters

What a summer it has been. I don't even know where to start. I don't even know if there is anybody out there that still reads my blog it has been so long since that last post. So many changes and things have taken place, but the biggest one is the new job which I start in aproximately seven hours from now.

One of the reasons I am feeling so overwhelmed right now is all the fears that are running through my head, will I be a good teacher? Will I have the right answers? Will I make it through this? I sure these are completly normal feelings, esp. at midnight the night before I start, but still in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder.

My goal for this blog is going to change. I think, rather than use it as a "creative outlet" for my growing writing skills, I am going to use it as a "My First Year as a Teacher Journal"...since I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore, no one will probably notice anyways.

Today, I will remember the first day of school. The anticipation. The expectation. The walk through the parking lot at 11pm and seeing only one other lonely care. The excitement setting up my room. The wondering what my kids are going to be like. Today I will remember these things.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home