Stacey's Space

In cyber-space, hitting the space bar, I needed a space. Welcome to my place in space....Welcome to Stacey's Space!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Simple Answers



On the way to church tonight I had the pleasure of driving my son TJ and our friend's daughter, Skylar, (both 5 years old) to church. The conversation went something like this:

"So what do you want to talk about Skylar? Like how was your day and stuff like that?"

"It was fine. How was your day?"

"Good. What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know. What do you want to talk about?"
"I don't know. What do you want to talk about?"
"I don't know. What do you want to talk about?"
"I don't know. What do you want to talk about?"
"I don't know. What do you want to talk about?"
"I don't know. What do you want to talk about?"

After about five minutes of this, TJ finally says,

"I know, let's talk about The Incredibles."

"Wait, TJ, I know, let's talk about Jesus."

"No, I don't want to talk about Jesus, let's talk about The Incredibles."

"No thanks, I want to talk about Jesus."

"Well, you can be Violet and I can be Dash...Ok? Ready, Go?"

"No." In a very quiet, subtle quiet voice, "Can't we just talk about Jesus?" Then in a sweet baby voice "Pllllllease."

"Ok, but then after we're done, then can we talk about The Incredibles?"

"Yes. OK, Now TJ, do you know where heaven is?"

"Yes, it is in the clouds, in the sky, right Mom?"

Me, thinking about the best way to answer this, when I don't really have a specific concrete answer...my pause is much too long for Skylar...she continues...

"TJ, heaven is way up high, high in the sky. And you must be born again to go to heaven."

"I know, so when I'm born, like a baby, I go to heaven."

"TJ did you ask Jesus in your heart?"

"Yes"

"TJ do you know when we get to heaven we will be with Jesus?"

"Mom, is Jesus in heaven?"

"Yes honey."

"Oh, I thought Jesus was in my heart?"

"Well...when..."

"TJ, When you get to heaven and get to be with Jesus, guess what?"

"What?"

"You NEVER have to go to sleep, you can stay up all the time."

"Cool."

"And guess what else?"

"What?"

"You never have to even take one single nap...not ever...NEVER!"

"That is AMAZING."

"Yep and you get all new clothes too."

"Cool. I wonder what kind of clothes God wears...Mom, what kind of clothes does God wear?"

"Well...ummmmm...."

"And TJ do you know what else?"

"What?"

"When we get to heaven we will get a whole new body."

"Do I get to keep my bones?"

"No TJ. You don't have any bones in heaven."

"Mom do I get to have bones in heaven?"

"Well..."

"TJ and you know what else?"

"Skylar?"

"And in heaven..."

"Wait, Skylar?"

"And Jesus will..."

"Skylar?"

"Yes, TJ"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes"

"Can we talk about The Incredibles now?"

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home