Stacey's Space

In cyber-space, hitting the space bar, I needed a space. Welcome to my place in space....Welcome to Stacey's Space!

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Insomnia Brings Peace

Insomnia brought me browsing back though old word docs, only to find this gem I sent a friend a long time ago...and when I wrote it then to my friend...God knew yesterday, what I would need today.

Are you too busy with work and school and all the other things that pull and vie for your attention? Slow down my friend. Walk with me. Hold my hand and let me pray with you and tell you what a wonderful God we serve and how today He is waiting right for you to tell you the things that no one else knows and longs to draw you closer to his side. Let Him give you rest and peace and let him talk to you about how wonderful you are to Him and how when He created you He set you apart to serve Him wholeheartedly without reservation. Let Him flood your whole being with thoughts of peace and peacefulness and some more peace. Let Him wrap you in Him so tightly that you scream to be let go, but both of you knowing all the while you are really screaming for Him to hold on tighter. Let Him laugh with you as you laugh out loud. Let Him see the parts of you no human has ever seen before and take you to a place you've never been before. Let Him watch over you as you smile in your sleep which makes Him smile all the more. Let Him comfort you with empathy and compassion and let Him wipe away the tears with His blood. Let Him in on the secret selfish ambitions of your heart and let Him burn them out with His fire. Let Him work like a construction worker on the inside of your heart, tearing down the old roads and bridges of past failures and building a new stronger, wiser heart with all roads that lead only to Him. Yes, walk with me today. Hold my hand today. Be brave with me today. Don't let anything hold you back. Let Him do what only He can do for you today.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home