Stacey's Space

In cyber-space, hitting the space bar, I needed a space. Welcome to my place in space....Welcome to Stacey's Space!

Monday, January 17, 2005

Faith Feelings

Well, I have been informed it has been 13 days (14 now--thanks Andrew) since I last blogged, so since it seems the world is eagerly anticipating my next big blog...here it comes...get ready and hang on tight...it's gonna be quick, free, and easy.

I have a friend who told me this once and I think it is the truth "Feelings will follow Faith, if Faith refuses to follow Feelings." Actually, she reminded me of this truth today on my voicemail, and I smiled when I heard it again and began to think about it. How often are we told not to trust our feelings, not to go by what we see, feel, hear, taste, smell, sense...we live by faith and not by sight right???? Well, didn't the same Lord who created faith, also create our ability to feel? Didn't Jesus sense that a woman was drawing near and pulling at his faith? Wasn't that something he literally felt, pulling on his robe, not only knew.

Without faith, we would never feel anything. And without feelings, we would never have the audacity to faith anything. For instance, what would a loving intimate marriage be like if the partners never felt any type of emotional connection towards one another? That marriage would be more like a business partnership, not a special union. In a loving relationship aren't the actions of love, provoked purely by a feeling, a faithing if you will, of God's love for us? When I think about how good God has been to me, when I look at my husband and realize what a blessing from God he has been in my life, when I start to think about all the really important, wonderful aspects of his persona--then I am truly overwhelmed with feelings of love for this man. My feelings did follow my faith, but my faith was completely dependent on my feelings. Without the feelings there would be no gas in the Ford of my faith.

Feelings energize the faith that is available through the Word of God. The secret is to be able to have an accurate amount of both faith and feelings. To balance them both ever so gently that the response to your faith must only be the overwhelming feeling of living in the love of God.

(I'll be waiting for your link Andrew)


9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home