Stacey's Space

In cyber-space, hitting the space bar, I needed a space. Welcome to my place in space....Welcome to Stacey's Space!

Monday, March 14, 2005

First Official Day

Well, it's my first official day "off" since I finished student teaching and the long-term substitute position that ended on Friday. I had fully intended to lay around the house all day, eating bon bons and watching Jerry Springer; however, my husband decided he would begin major house reconstruction.

Last week while moving the desk, in order to hook up my much-beloved wireless router, my husband holding one end while I lifted the other and....opps "Sorry, it got too heavy" I exclaimed as the desk began to fold like a house of cards. This desk dilemma had hubby at the office furniture store quick as a whip.

And, you know, you can't put a "new" desk in an "old" office. And since we are going to paint the walls and put up a chair rail, might as well put in the laminate floors too. And since he's going to do the laminate floors in the office, might as well do the kitchen too, since that's what we had originally intended to do when we bought the house. So up into the wee hours of the night, I could hear the whoosh, whoosh of the roller up and down the walls. And he guarantees me it will be done by my daughter's birthday party this Friday or my money back!

I'm the type of person that when someone is working around me...I can't just sit back and chill. I think it's rude as someone intensely labors to kick back and observe them, perhaps that's also why I find myself perturbed when others are sitting around just watching me work my fingers to the bone.


So, this morning I was up at five and began the major spring cleaning that was very well needed. My bedroom and bath are done, as is the kids bath....I had to get something done after waking up at 5am on my first day off. There's just something impossible about sitting around in a house when there is always work that can be done, especially when just coming off the go, go, go mode.

So as for the bon bons and trashy T.V., well maybe it will happen on the Second Official Day.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home